Monday, April 11, 2011

Little Fox



Look, there's a little fox.  In my closet.  Okay yes, I know it's just Lilly with her Pomeranian fur all grown out and long, but everyone says when she has long fur she really looks like a fox.  A tiny, effusive, loving little fox.


Here she chews on a "bully stick" her grandmother gave her at Christmas.  I also think she looks like a little domestic fox in this picture.




This is an example of how she is always sticking her tongue out in pictures.



Here's one of the pics I used to introduce her to you all. Again, that tiny, itty-bitty little tongue.


I lied.  I did once dress Lilly up for Halloween in a glow in the dark skeleton costume.  A friend bought it for her!  I had to put it on her and take pictures to show my friend.  Really.  Seriously.  Come on people, buy into this story! 


Lilly liked the outfit so much she didn't want me to take it off.  Uhuh.  That's exactly what is happening in this picture.  "Don't take off the glow in the dark skeleton costume mom!"

When I first found Lilly she didn't look like a fox...


She looked like a pissed off little dog.  No, I'm kidding.  

She had what is referred to as a "lion's cut."   You can see the remnants of this cut in the above picture... Lilly is so thrilled with this hair cut she can barely contain her facial expression.  They left a mane of fur around her head, shaved her body, and left strange little "ankle puffs" on her legs.  The best I can figure out is that she must have belonged to some spoiled college kid who got sick of her because the vet says she is pure breed and I was incredibly shocked when no one came forward to claim her.  She showed up around the time college gets out when tons of pure breed dogs get abandoned in Tucson. 

I found her drinking water out of an irrigation puddle in front of my house the day my orange cat, almost the exact same color as her, died.  She was dirty and scared silly, with no micro chip (chip your pets!) and no collar,  but as soon as I actually got her into my arms she relaxed and laid her head on my shoulder.  Talk about love.  Maybe even fate.  


Ah.  The lion sleeps. 




Oh man! I woke her up.  Now I'm in for a licking. Get it?  I made a pun.  Licking? It can mean a beating or being kissed by my dog.  Get it? Get it? Yeah.  This kind of humor runs in the family. 



At least Lilly thinks I'm funny...

No comments:

Post a Comment