Monday, April 4, 2011

Orchid Miracle


So I love Orchids.  I find them exotic and alluring.  I keep one in my kitchen that is a ravishing purple and white.  It makes me feel like I’m cooking in some lovely foreign place.  Well, it probably would if I cooked.  The night I made cookies I felt exotic and lovely. Okay, so sometimes I feel a little less like a harried Master’s student when I’m microwaving my dinner.  That's more accurate.


I found a little miracle the other day.  The Orchid from last year that I thought I killed…


 
… has sent out a shoot and is popping out another.  



I just heard on NPR a few days ago too that this is the best time to replant them, so I am going to replant this beauty and see what happens.  I actually replanted my purple and white orchid when it wasn’t growing and I’m afraid I hurt it because the flowers are already wilting and it’s barely been any time.  But look!  This one is growing!  Made my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment