Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Miss You


Every time I am away from home....


I see this little face in my dreams and I miss my dogs terribly.  This is the board that blocks my front porch off from the street so I don't need to worry about the Little Girls slipping out the front door and getting into harm's way when I go out to greet friends, take out the trash, get the mail, and do other little things. Often I let them out onto the porch when I step out just so they can have a change of scenery.

Lilly is fine with this.   She runs around and eats dead bugs and leaves from the porch.  Oliver stands at the board and looks at me, then goes and sniff's Lilly's butt, then comes back to look after me.  Ket... just stands there on her tiny hind legs and watches me with big reproachful eyes.  She whines. She cries. She quivers and acts as though I am going-away-and-never-coming-back. Especially if I'm taking out the trash and leave her sight for a moment.  She does not like being separated from me for any reason.  It makes me laugh.  But then I look at this picture and see the sincerity in her plea for me not to leave her sight and I miss her so much. 

Not like she and Lilly don't go running into the kennel when I take them there.  It's like one big party for them.  Oliver loves it too.  He barks and howls and wiggles all over the Jeep when we start pulling into the drive. 

But the dogs are always so-so-so-so happy to see me when I go pick them up.  Almost as happy as I am to see them when I get home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment