Saturday, April 16, 2011

Misleading Pictures

Check out my European Dishwasher post again. I just added pictures. I think they are pretty, but then again The Cottage is kinda my baby, and what mama doesn't think her baby is pretty?



Now let me segue into today's post: Misleading Pictures.




Here are some pictures that if shown without explanation might mislead you into thinking I am a really cool outdoorsy woman who does a lot of neat stuff in her spare time. Let me disabuse you of this assumption. I love reading, writing, and food. All of these are mainly indoor activities. Now, with that disclaimer, let me pretend to be nifty for a little bit.









Yup. That's me. Yup. That's me in a pink helmet. It was the only one that fit okay! And be nice. I have on two shirts and a sweater! It was cold out the day I learned to four wheel in the high desert. I've only done this once, but I'll admit... it was a LOT of fun.












Here's one that makes me look simultaneously skinny, deranged, and like I play in the ocean. Either that or I have been transported to some vast white sci-fi world beyond knowing. You decide the parts that are misleading in the above sentences. Don't tell me though, just keep your decision to yourself and savor it quietly.









Go double chin! Hmm, maybe this picture isn't quite as misleading as I'd like it to be. But anyways, here I am rafting the Grand Canyon. Yes, I actually did this for eight days. Neat huh?









Let me present the cliff I jumped off of in the Grand Canyon. See that white mark in the water. That’s where I just went in. Okay, I’m lying. I’m still up top staring at the edge and shriking like the girl I am. But I did jump eventually. Yeah, I know, it’s not that high. But I think step ladders are high. Give me some credit for conquering fear or something.









Here someone, still not me, jumps off the cliff.











This photo might mislead you into thinking I am crazy. Or a bad photographer. Or both. Again, don't tell me your decision, just keep it to yourself.




Now let me present a series of photos that could mislead you into thinking I like children...








Wait? What is that funny thing at the bottom of the picture?










Oh, hello child.















Yes. I can put my hands on the glass too. Not that impressive, little child.














Don't bang on the glass! You'll call attention to us!




Oh, did you blog readers wish to see what is actually behind the blue wall of glass?


Well then. Here comes....












HIPPOS! I love hippos.












They look so graceful underwater.









No. Wait. Don't go hippo!














Okay, if you must go. The cage at the Bronx Zoo is pretty neat above water too.















And now that I've taken you on a tangential tour of the hippo exhibit at the Bronx zoo and mislead you into thinking I am outdoorsy, like kids, am nuts, and may or may not have experienced some wild white alternate reality... let me just say I'm actually pretty boring. Really. In case the enthusiasm for the hippo didn't prove this maybe next time I'll post some pictures showing me reading, or baking cookies, or sleeping, just to balance things out.




Thanks for checking in. If the hippos didn't scare you off I'll have more tomorrow. (Not hippos, blogs. More blogs. Sheesh.)

1 comment:

  1. I was hooked from the start!! What a fun blog! Never thought I'd end up seeing the back end of a hippo!!
    I LOVE the pink helmet picture!!...and the ocean one!

    ReplyDelete