Monday, April 18, 2011

Word of the Day: Bruit

Bruit:
  verb (used with object)


1.) to voice abroad; rumor (used chiefly in the passive and often followed by about ): The report was bruited through the village.



 noun

2.)  Medicine/Medical . any generally abnormal sound or murmur heard on auscultation.


Definition courtesy of Dictionary.com.

Word was bruited through my house today that the kitties are getting outdoor privileges.  After years of being only indoor cats I am trying an experiment in which they are allowed out in the yard.  I am hoping this extra outdoor room might ameliorate their anger towards each other.  Now I just have to keep Oliver from "playing" with them like he is trying to smash grapes into wine.  Wish me luck.  

1 comment:

  1. When I was a nurse I actually heard a bruit!!!!
    Hope those kitties enjoy their outdoor privileges!! Seems like it's worth a try!

    ReplyDelete